Welcome to the Logging operator documentation! The Logging operator is a core part of the Banzai Cloud One Eye observability tool for Kubernetes.
The Logging operator automates the deployment and configuration of a Kubernetes logging pipeline. The operator deploys and configures a Fluent Bit DaemonSet on every node to collect container and application logs from the node file system. Fluent Bit queries the Kubernetes API and enriches the logs with metadata about the pods, and transfers both the logs and the metadata to Fluentd. Fluentd receives, filters, and transfer logs to multiple outputs. Your logs will always be transferred on authenticated and encrypted channels.
This operator helps you bundle logging information with your applications: you can describe the behavior of your application in its charts, the Logging operator does the rest.
Feature highlights 🔗︎
- Namespace isolation
- Native Kubernetes label selectors
- Secure communication (TLS)
- Configuration validation
- Multiple flow support (multiply logs for different transformations)
- Multiple output support (store the same logs in multiple storage: S3, GCS, ES, Loki and more…)
- Multiple logging system support (multiple Fluentd, Fluent Bit deployment on the same cluster)
You can define
outputs (destinations where you want to send your log messages, for example, Elasticsearch, or and Amazon S3 bucket), and
flows that use filters and selectors to route log messages to the appropriate outputs. You can also define cluster-wide outputs and flows, for example, to use a centralized output that namespaced users cannot modify.
You can configure the Logging operator using the following Custom Resource Descriptions.
- logging - Represents a logging system. Includes
Fluent-bitconfiguration. Specifies the
controlNamespace. Fluentd and Fluent-bit will be deployed in the
- output - Defines an Output for a logging flow. This is a namespaced resource. See also
- flow - Defines a logging flow with
outputs. You can specify
selectorsto filter logs by labels. Outputs can be
clusteroutput. This is a namespaced resource. See also
- clusteroutput - Defines an output without namespace restriction. Only effective in
- clusterflow - Defines a logging flow without namespace restriction.
For the detailed CRD documentation, see List of CRDs.
The Logging operator is a core part of the Banzai Cloud One Eye observability tool for Kubernetes. While the Logging operator itself is an open-source project, the Banzai Cloud One Eye product extends the functionality of the Logging operator with commercial features (for example, collecting host logs and Kubernetes events).
Community support 🔗︎
Commercial support 🔗︎
If you are using the Logging operator in a production environment and require commercial support, contact Banzai Cloud, the company backing the development of the Logging operator.