The MENU > MESH page on the Backyards web interface shows information about your service mesh and the control planes.
The page shows the following real-time information:
- CONTROL PLANES: The number of Istio control planes in the mesh.
- CLUSTERS: The number of clusters in the mesh.
- ISTIO PROXIES MEMORY USAGE: Current memory usage of the Istio proxies (sidecars).
- ISTIO PROXIES CPU USAGE: Current CPU usage of the Istio proxies (sidecars).
- ISTIO PROXIES NOT RUNNING: The Istio proxies (sidecars) that are not running for some reason.
The timeline charts show the version and revision of the Istio proxies used in the mesh, as well as error metrics from the Istio Pilot agent, for example, rejected CDS and EDS configurations. (Istio Pilot agent runs in the sidecar or gateway container and bootstraps Envoy.)